Call Mechanical HVAC Services for Quality Care Today - Available 24/7!
North Carolina is no stranger to cold temperatures during winter months, and that means many homeowners turn to their furnace to keep them warm and comfortable when the thermometer levels drop.
However, if your furnace isn’t properly cared for, your heater could break down and stop working properly when you need it most. Want to avoid this huge headache this winter? Contact our highly trained specialists for quick and comprehensive furnace maintenance in Wake Forest, NC, today!
Why Maintain Your Furnace?
When you flip the switch to turn on your furnace, you expect it to turn on and start producing warm, comfortable air. However, much like your car, if your furnace hasn’t been properly maintained, it could run into trouble quickly. If you want your system to run smoothly and reliably all winter long, you can’t afford to not do everything in your power to ensure it’s properly maintained at least once per year.
Benefits Of A Properly Maintained Furnace Include:
- Reliability: A system that’s maintained will be far less likely to break down or experience an issue during normal usage
- Energy efficiency: A system that’s well-maintained produces more comforting warmth, thus requiring less energy to reach your target temperature. A well-maintained system can actually save you hundreds over the course of the year!
- Warranty preservation: Most systems that are under warranty require an annual maintenance service in order to keep the warranty valid.
- Reduced costs: Between the savings on energy bills and not having to pay for expensive repairs, you could save hundreds or even thousands this winter!
The best time to schedule your maintenance service is in the early to mid-autumn months, just before the temperature is set to really start dropping for the winter. That way when you fire up your furnace for the first time during winter, it’s ready to handle the frigid temperatures and you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing you likely won’t have to worry about a breakdown leaving you out in the cold.
What Is Covered During a Tune-Up?
In order to keep your furnace running at peak performance and to help maintain its life, invest in regular preventative maintenance services. What is covered in these services will depend on the system’s needs and the HVAC company performing the tune-up. However, there are a few items that are commonly covered during an annual maintenance check.
Furnace Maintenance Checklist
- Examination of the HVAC filters for any dirt, as debris and buildup can result in an inefficient system
- Checking for any damage or breaks within the heat exchanger
- Ensuring the combustion air openings are free of any obstructions
- General cleaning of different components of the furnace, including the burners, pilot light, and blower, as dirt can affect the overall function and performance of the system
- Greasing the system's motors with the proper lubrication
- Checking that the flue pipe doesn’t have any leaks or deterioration
- Ensuring that the thermostat is properly adjusted and set
- Some gas furnace tune-ups will check gas lines for any potential leaks
- Overall inspection of the furnace for any damage
Reach out to our team if you want to learn more about what the Wake Forest furnace maintenance experts at Mechanical HVAC Services do during our tune-up appointments.
Choose Our Team For Your Furnace Maintenance Needs
At Mechanical HVAC Services, the care and maintenance of your home is our most important goal, and we make sure to provide each of our customers with both the workmanship and customer service that exceeds even their highest expectations. We’re proud of our reputation for excellence in what we do, including the recognitions we have received such as Angie’s List certification and a coveted A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. We believe that the best way to approach all of your needs is to develop an individualized plan unique to your home and your heating system, and our team has the skills and training necessary to provide you with the maintenance you can trust.
Contact Mechanical HVAC Services online by sending us a message to find out more about our great options and how a maintenance service can help protect your home!