Providing High-Quality AC Service to Keep You Cool
Don’t worry, you’re in good hands with the highly trained experts at Mechanical HVAC Services. Our family-owned and operated business has been proudly serving the area for more than thirty years.
Our AC repair technicians are experts at fixing every make and model, so whether you need repairs for your central air conditioner or your ductless system you can count on us for prompt and reliable service.
Helpful Air Conditioner Troubleshooting Tips
If your air conditioner isn't working properly there are a few things you can check before calling us to schedule an air conditioning repair in Wake Forest.
Below, we outline a few helpful troubleshooting steps to check to help potentially save you the cost of a service call:
Things to check before calling for AC repair in Wake Forest:
- Is your electrical connection working? If you are having electrical problems, the issue may be something an electrician can help you fix.
- Is your thermostat set to "Auto?" If your thermostat is in the "On" or "Off" position, it won't automatically cool your home to your preferred temperature.
- Is there debris blocking the fan or compressor? If your outdoor compressor is covered in dirt, leaves, or anything else, it may be responsible for blocked air flow
What Are Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repair?
If you've taken the above steps and are still having issues with your air conditioner not cooling your home effectively, it's time to call in the professionals. There is nothing worse than being stuck in the humid North Carolina summer heat without a properly functioning air conditioner.
That is why Mechanical HVAC Services proudly offers 24/7 emergency AC repair services in Wake Forest and the surrounding areas in the greater Raleigh area.
Common signs you need an AC repair include:
- Spike in energy costs - When your AC isn't at 100% it will still do everything it can to maintain the indoor environment at the desired temperature even if it has to work extra. That extra work doesn't come free and you'll notice it when you go to pay your monthly utility bill.
- AC won’t turn on - This is usually because of an electrical issue or something is very wrong with your unit. Contact us for AC repair in Wake Forest and we'll get your unit back working in no time.
- Banging or hissing noises - By now you should know what your AC sounds like, so if you hear anything abnormal make sure to get your unit inspected pronto. Loud sounds could mean something is loose and it could cause further damage if left unaddressed.
- AC cycles on and off frequently - This often happens if your AC is too big for your residence or something could be wrong with the compressor.
- Overheating system - You might experience the unit turning itself off or smell something burning if it's overheating.
- Shaking or loud vibrations in your system - A little bit of noise isn't too bad, but if you're hearing your AC from the next room over then call in our Wake Forest AC repair specialists.
- Any other problems you may be experiencing! - No matter what, we're available to you day or night to fix your AC because we know that North Carolina heat can be unbearable.
If you’ve needed air conditioner repairs more than twice each season, it’s time for an air conditioner replacement!
Your Preferred Air Conditioning Repair Company in Wake Forest & Raleigh, NC
Mechanical HVAC Services uses our 30 years of HVAC repair experience to provide Wake Forest with exceptional air conditioning repairs to improve your air quality.
Customers continue to choose us because we arrive on time and finish on time, we're available 24/7, our work is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and our ability to service all industry-leading home HVAC system brands.
Why Is Your Air Conditioner Acting Up?
Your air conditioner is made up of hundreds of parts, and each one needs to be running properly in order for your unit to work efficiently. Luckily, our air conditioning specialists in Wake Forest have seen every AC problem under the sun. One of the most common causes of air conditioning system issues is the lack of regular maintenance services.
We recommend our customers schedule an AC maintenance service at least once a year to keep their system working as effectively as it should be. Other common causes of air conditioning system issues include refrigerant leaks, dirty coils, motor malfunctions, and more.
How to Keep Your AC Unit Working Efficiently After Repairs
Save money, extend the life of your unit, and avoid needing air conditioning repairs in Wake Forest moving forward by doing the following:
- Keep vents free from debris
- Close all windows & doors
- Create space around the condenser unit outside
- Keep your thermostat away from heat-producing appliances
- Eliminate any leaks around your windows, in your attic, or under your doors
- Increase the temperature on your thermostat
- Cover your windows
- Shade your outside condenser
- Clear your drain line
- Make sure any exposed ductwork is insulated
- Switch out your AC filter
- Avoid using your dryer or oven on hot days
- Stop using registers to control the temperature
- Think about installing a zoning system
- Regularly schedule preventative maintenance
After having our technicians perform air conditioner repairs for your Wake Forest home, use these tips to prevent complications in the future!
What Is the Life Expectancy of a Home Air Conditioner?
The life expectancy of a home air conditioner varies depending on various factors such as usage, maintenance, and quality of your AC installation. On average, a well-maintained air conditioner can last anywhere from 10 to 15 years. However, some units may last up to 20 years with proper care and maintenance.